Working with Kamal Haasan a lifetime experience, says Vishwaropam actress Pooja
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Actress Pooja Kumar, who plays the female protagonist in Kamal Haasan's Tamil-Hindi project Vishwaroopam, says her one film experience with the superstar is like a lifetime achievement.
The 36-year-old former beauty queen will also be sharing the screen space with Kamal Haasan in the sequel of the controversial spy thriller.
"For any actress, it's a dream come true to share the screen space with Kamal Haasan. I am getting an opportunity to work with him in the second part of the film too. It has been an incredible journey and lifetime experience for me. He always drives an actor to give something new onscreen," Pooja told PTI.
Vishwaroopam 2 is an extension of Kamal Haasan's first story and will see all the characters returning.
"We all have come out of our comfort zones for the film. Kamal has an immense knowledge on history, science and philosophy. He is a walking encyclopedia. I am the second actress who he repeated in his films after Sridevi," she said.
She bagged Vishwaroopam through a designer who suggested her name to Haasan and auditioned for the role on Skype.
"My designer in the film Gautamiji suggested my name to Kamal Haasan. His team contacted my manager and I auditioned on skype for the role. When I saw Kamal online, I got nervous. It was a two minute skype call and in two weeks I was shooting in Chennai," she said.
'Vishwaroopam 2' is expected to hit theatres this Diwali.
Having born in US to Indian origin parents and studied in Washington University, Pooja said she cannot avoid Indian cinema.
She started her film career with Tamil film Kadhal Rojavae in 2000 followed by Magic Magic 3D, Flavours and a small role in Ranbir Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra starrer Anjaana Anjaani.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it