Working with Kamal Haasan a lifetime experience, says Vishwaropam actress Pooja
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Actress Pooja Kumar, who plays the female protagonist in Kamal Haasan's Tamil-Hindi project Vishwaroopam, says her one film experience with the superstar is like a lifetime achievement.
The 36-year-old former beauty queen will also be sharing the screen space with Kamal Haasan in the sequel of the controversial spy thriller.
"For any actress, it's a dream come true to share the screen space with Kamal Haasan. I am getting an opportunity to work with him in the second part of the film too. It has been an incredible journey and lifetime experience for me. He always drives an actor to give something new onscreen," Pooja told PTI.
Vishwaroopam 2 is an extension of Kamal Haasan's first story and will see all the characters returning.
"We all have come out of our comfort zones for the film. Kamal has an immense knowledge on history, science and philosophy. He is a walking encyclopedia. I am the second actress who he repeated in his films after Sridevi," she said.
She bagged Vishwaroopam through a designer who suggested her name to Haasan and auditioned for the role on Skype.
"My designer in the film Gautamiji suggested my name to Kamal Haasan. His team contacted my manager and I auditioned on skype for the role. When I saw Kamal online, I got nervous. It was a two minute skype call and in two weeks I was shooting in Chennai," she said.
'Vishwaroopam 2' is expected to hit theatres this Diwali.
Having born in US to Indian origin parents and studied in Washington University, Pooja said she cannot avoid Indian cinema.
She started her film career with Tamil film Kadhal Rojavae in 2000 followed by Magic Magic 3D, Flavours and a small role in Ranbir Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra starrer Anjaana Anjaani.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress