Workshop on astronomy at PU
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanshing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
The year 2009 is being celebrated as the International year of astronomy by UNESCO and IAU (International Astronomical Union) as it marks the 400 years of the first use of a telescope by Galileo that eventually led to a scientific revolution.
As a part of these celebrations, Panjab University in collaboration with IUCAA, Pune and ISRO, Bangalore, is organising workshop in astronomy and astrophysics starting November 19. In all 40 students from various colleges and institutes from the northern regions of India have been selected for the program. Speakers from various institutes shall deliver lectures on observational astronomy, star formation and evolution, galaxies, besides practical astronomy.
City students shine in moot court competition at Kochi
CHANDIGARH :A team comprising Nitish Saxena, Pranshu Chaturvedi and Tanishth Goyal brought laurels to UILS, Panjab University at the Surana & Surana National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition (India-South Rounds) organized at NUALS in Kochi. The team was adjudged runners up in the competition. The team also won the Spirit of Surana Award and the Second Best Memorial Award. Pranshu Chaturvedi won the Best Trial Advocate of the Year Award.