Workshops every month to help citizens have a say on ESR
- Hyderabad: Body of Dalit student, who committed suicide, sent for autopsy amid protests
- 'Dawood of Tamil Nadu' says ready to return from Dubai for 'fair trial'
- Ink attack on Kejriwal sparks war of words, AAP calls it a BJP conspiracy
- 'Widespread' match-fixing allegations hit tennis, Grand Slam winners involved
- In fact: Why Nawaz won’t buck the Pak army on Pathankot
To encourage citizens to participate in the preparations of the annual environment status report (ESR), the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) will conduct workshops twice a month enabling citizens to understand the procedure of preparing ESR that gives details of the impact of civic projects and development on nature.
The civic body has been preparing the ESR for the past 15 years as per the rules framed by the state government. Over the past few years, the civic body has involved citizens in preparation of the ESR and has included citizens' individual efforts in improving environment and environment-friendly practices in the report.
The ESR is based on the data collected from all the civic departments and other institutes. "This time we want to include information about the environment that is available with citizens. There are many who closely monitor the changes in the environment in their respective areas," said PMC environment officer Mangesh Dighe.
- Reduction in interest burden could prevent more companies heading towards bankruptcy
- Two decades after Bathani massacre, the families of victims wait for justice
- A harvest-time gift: New crop insurance scheme is welcome
- After playing odds and evens, the challenge is sustainable improvement
- Make education creative, encourage risk-taking and expand the idea of success
- Across the Aisle: To talk or not to talk with Pakistan