Workshops every month to help citizens have a say on ESR
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
To encourage citizens to participate in the preparations of the annual environment status report (ESR), the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) will conduct workshops twice a month enabling citizens to understand the procedure of preparing ESR that gives details of the impact of civic projects and development on nature.
The civic body has been preparing the ESR for the past 15 years as per the rules framed by the state government. Over the past few years, the civic body has involved citizens in preparation of the ESR and has included citizens' individual efforts in improving environment and environment-friendly practices in the report.
The ESR is based on the data collected from all the civic departments and other institutes. "This time we want to include information about the environment that is available with citizens. There are many who closely monitor the changes in the environment in their respective areas," said PMC environment officer Mangesh Dighe.
He said citizens will be trained to contribute in preparing the ESR at the workshop that will be held on every first and third Saturday of every month at Indradhanush Centre in Rajendranagar.