World class 'Buddha temple' at Dev-ni-Mori: Modi
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
A world class 'Buddha Temple' will be built at Dev-ni-Mori in Gujarat, a state rich in Buddhist relics and heritage, Chief Minister Narendra Modi said today.
He made the announcement during his meeting with 'Global Buddhist Congress Convener' and head of 'Ashoka Mission', Ven Lama Lobzang, who visited him today to discuss preservation and promotion of Buddhist relics in the state.
Lama Lobzang met the Modi and discussed the issue of taking leadership in preserving and promoting Buddhist relics and heritage sites, an official communique said.
The Gujarat CM also expressed the state government's keenness to preserve and promote Buddhist culture andheritage.