World class 'Buddha temple' at Dev-ni-Mori: Modi
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
A world class 'Buddha Temple' will be built at Dev-ni-Mori in Gujarat, a state rich in Buddhist relics and heritage, Chief Minister Narendra Modi said today.
He made the announcement during his meeting with 'Global Buddhist Congress Convener' and head of 'Ashoka Mission', Ven Lama Lobzang, who visited him today to discuss preservation and promotion of Buddhist relics in the state.
Lama Lobzang met the Modi and discussed the issue of taking leadership in preserving and promoting Buddhist relics and heritage sites, an official communique said.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity