World class 'Buddha temple' at Dev-ni-Mori: Modi
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
A world class 'Buddha Temple' will be built at Dev-ni-Mori in Gujarat, a state rich in Buddhist relics and heritage, Chief Minister Narendra Modi said today.
He made the announcement during his meeting with 'Global Buddhist Congress Convener' and head of 'Ashoka Mission', Ven Lama Lobzang, who visited him today to discuss preservation and promotion of Buddhist relics in the state.
Lama Lobzang met the Modi and discussed the issue of taking leadership in preserving and promoting Buddhist relics and heritage sites, an official communique said.