World class 'Buddha temple' at Dev-ni-Mori: Modi
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
A world class 'Buddha Temple' will be built at Dev-ni-Mori in Gujarat, a state rich in Buddhist relics and heritage, Chief Minister Narendra Modi said today.
He made the announcement during his meeting with 'Global Buddhist Congress Convener' and head of 'Ashoka Mission', Ven Lama Lobzang, who visited him today to discuss preservation and promotion of Buddhist relics in the state.
Lama Lobzang met the Modi and discussed the issue of taking leadership in preserving and promoting Buddhist relics and heritage sites, an official communique said.
The Gujarat CM also expressed the state government's keenness to preserve and promote Buddhist culture andheritage.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress