World stocks run out of fiscal-cliff joy
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
Markets in Japan and mainland China were closed for extended holidays until Friday.
Benchmark oil for February delivery fell 35 cents to $92.77 in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract rose $1.30 to finish at $93.12 per barrel on the Nymex on Wednesday.
In currencies, the euro fell to $1.3161 from $1.3178 in late trading Wednesday in New York. The dollar slipped marginally to 87.13 yen from 87.14 yen.