World won't end on December 21: NASA scientists
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
"Obviously, it does not exist. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles," they said.
On danger of Earth being hit by a meteor in 2012, scientists said that NASA astronomers are carrying out a study called the Spaceguard Survey to find any large near-Earth asteroids long before they hit.
"The last big impact was 65 million years ago, and that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs. We have already determined that there are no threatening asteroids as large as the one that killed the dinosaurs," they said.