World's top 5 nude events
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi addresses a rally in Mysore; No room for debate, dissent under Modi, says Chavan
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
To celebrate Nude Recreation week, a travel website has come up with a list of the top five nude events enjoyed by naturists internationally. Reuters has not endorsed this lists:
1. World Naked Bike Ride, Worldwide - June and July
Each year since 2004, bike riders have joined to celebrate cycling and protest a culture where cars are king. This year, in 20 countries around the world, participants advocated freedom from oil and fabric. Nude cyclists bared their bodies with messages painted on their backs, fronts and rears. One TripAdvisor traveler advises: "Remember the sunscreen ... and those saddles will be hot, hot, hot, so cover them up before alighting, people!"
2. AANR World Record Skinny Dip, Across North America - July
Put more than 12,000 people shoulder deep in pools across North America without a stitch of clothing in sight, and what do you get? The "largest number of people skinny dipping at once," now a category in the Guinness Book of World Records due to the American Association for Nude Recreation.
3. Nude Beach Olympics, Maslin Beach, Australia - January
Taking place on Australia's sunny Maslin Beach in South Australia, the games are a celebration of Maslin's status as first official nude beach in the country.
4. Running of the Nudes, Pamplona, Spain - July
PETA's "Running of the Nudes" protests the cruelty of bullfighting with participants choosing to show a little skin in hopes that one day Pamplona's bulls won't have to. The runners don plastic bull horns, red scarves, and little else, to run the half-mile Pamplona course.
5. Black Rock Desert, Nevada, August - September
The annual Burning Man project is a self-proclaimed haven of self-expression, creativity and community. Drawing 50,000 people to the Black Rock Desert in 2008, huge works of art are generated at the event, namely the 'Man,' which is burned on the final night as part of the process of restoring the area to its natural state, with no trace of the revelers. Participants often take advantage of the free-spirited attitude by getting nude.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city