World's top 5 nude events
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
If biking or swimming in the nude is your thing, apparently you are not alone with Nude Recreation Week this month celebrating its 32nd year -- but participants advise not to forget the sunscreen.
To celebrate Nude Recreation week, a travel website has come up with a list of the top five nude events enjoyed by naturists internationally. Reuters has not endorsed this lists:
1. World Naked Bike Ride, Worldwide - June and July
Each year since 2004, bike riders have joined to celebrate cycling and protest a culture where cars are king. This year, in 20 countries around the world, participants advocated freedom from oil and fabric. Nude cyclists bared their bodies with messages painted on their backs, fronts and rears. One TripAdvisor traveler advises: "Remember the sunscreen ... and those saddles will be hot, hot, hot, so cover them up before alighting, people!"
2. AANR World Record Skinny Dip, Across North America - July
Put more than 12,000 people shoulder deep in pools across North America without a stitch of clothing in sight, and what do you get? The "largest number of people skinny dipping at once," now a category in the Guinness Book of World Records due to the American Association for Nude Recreation.
3. Nude Beach Olympics, Maslin Beach, Australia - January
Taking place on Australia's sunny Maslin Beach in South Australia, the games are a celebration of Maslin's status as first official nude beach in the country.
4. Running of the Nudes, Pamplona, Spain - July
PETA's "Running of the Nudes" protests the cruelty of bullfighting with participants choosing to show a little skin in hopes that one day Pamplona's bulls won't have to. The runners don plastic bull horns, red scarves, and little else, to run the half-mile Pamplona course.
5. Black Rock Desert, Nevada, August - September
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say