Would have been killed if I had not fled from Ramlila ground: Ramdev
- Gandhinagar thrust on sulking Advani, Modi given Vadodara as back-up seat
- âISIâs Pasha knew where Osama hid, Lashkarâs Saeed was in touch with himâ
- Donât think CBI has all the facts on Bhave case, says Chidambaram
- Sri Sri wisdom for followers: Lakshmi always rides on lotus
- 2 in Muzaffarnagar riot FIRs get BJP tickets, one says have to deliver for Modi
Yoga guru Ramdev has said that had he not fled from the Ramlila ground in Delhi during the police crackdown in the early morning on June 5, he too would have met the same fate as Rajbala.
In reply to a question from one of his followers here last night, Ramdev claimed he would have been killed had he not fled from the Ramlila maidan.
"I would not have been here among you had I not fled that day," he said. Ramdev is currently undertaking a 'Swabhiman Yatra' and is touring various districts of Uttar Pradesh.
The yoga guru was agitating against corruption with thousands of his followers at the Ramlila ground in June when police had allegedly lathicharged on the gathering. A 51-year-old woman, Rajbala, was seriously injured and succumbed in a Delhi hospital earlier this month.
Meanwhile, state unit president of Samajwadi Party Akhilesh Yadav visited Ramdev at the house of one of his followers here late last night.
Yadav is undertaking a 'Kranti Rath Yatra' and was in neighbouring Shahjahanpur district from where he made an unscheduled visit to Ramdev.
Ramdev and Yadav held talks for about 15 minutes, sources said.
- PU to conduct entrance test for BPharma, BSc seats on May 24
- Mohali: One community centre functioning, 2 being renovated
- Sardarpura case: Convicts get 10-day temporary bail
- CBSE’s new marking system lowering scores, say teachers
- Student organisations protest police inaction
- Not a statistic: Accident victim’s kin takes fight online