Would have been killed if I had not fled from Ramlila ground: Ramdev
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Yoga guru Ramdev has said that had he not fled from the Ramlila ground in Delhi during the police crackdown in the early morning on June 5, he too would have met the same fate as Rajbala.
In reply to a question from one of his followers here last night, Ramdev claimed he would have been killed had he not fled from the Ramlila maidan.
"I would not have been here among you had I not fled that day," he said. Ramdev is currently undertaking a 'Swabhiman Yatra' and is touring various districts of Uttar Pradesh.
The yoga guru was agitating against corruption with thousands of his followers at the Ramlila ground in June when police had allegedly lathicharged on the gathering. A 51-year-old woman, Rajbala, was seriously injured and succumbed in a Delhi hospital earlier this month.
Meanwhile, state unit president of Samajwadi Party Akhilesh Yadav visited Ramdev at the house of one of his followers here late last night.
Yadav is undertaking a 'Kranti Rath Yatra' and was in neighbouring Shahjahanpur district from where he made an unscheduled visit to Ramdev.