Would have felt incomplete without Yashji: Anushka Sharma
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Actress Anushka Sharma, who teamed up with late filmmaker Yash Chopra for the first time for 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan', says she would have felt empty and incomplete if Chopra wouldn't have told her about her performance in the movie.
"When we were shooting I always had long conversations with him (Chopra) but someone was always around like Shah Rukh, Adi and others. The last time I met him was at Rani Mukherjee's house for Ganpati puja. He called me and spoke to me for one hour about everything," Anushka said in an interview here.
"He told me what he thought about me in the film. He singled out some scenes which he thought I did very well. He told me where I was looking nice.
"Anything that I would have wanted to hear from my director post watching the film, he told me that day. I could have missed that opportunity as sadly he is not with us now," the actress said.
Anushka got her first role at the age of 19 opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Yashraj banner's 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' in 2008.
She did a string of films with the banner like 'Badmaash Company', 'Band Baaja Baaraat', 'Ladies VS Ricky Bahl' but got an opportunity to be directed by Yash Chopra in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'.
"I would have never heard those things from him. It is all bizarre that before he left he told me what I had wanted to hear from him. I would have felt...empty, incomplete that Yashji did not tell me how I was in the film," she said.
As Anushka was working with Chopra for the first time she wanted to make sure she gave her best.
"I was like was he happy with my performance? He could have taken any actress but he chose me and I just wanted to make sure he was happy with the decision. I hope I justified his choice and he told me I did...that was the last conversation I had with him," she added.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi