'Would love to remake Special 26, but haven't thought about it,' says Akshay Kumar
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actor Akshay Kumar, who is basking in the success of his latest film 'Special 26', says he would love to remake the film for regional cinema.
Directed by Neeraj Pandey, 'Special 26', a heist drama starring Akshay Kumar, Anupam Kher, Manoj Bajpai in the lead roles, garned good response after its release on February 8.
"I would love to remake it. But I haven't thought of it yet. If I get a good director I would love to remake it," Akshay said during a media interaction today.
The actor is running two production houses - Hari Om Entertainment and Grazing Goats. Through the latter he is backing regional films - Punjabi and Marathi language.
Even director Neeraj Pandey said that he has been receiving offers for remaking 'Special 26' in other languages.
"Since Friday evening I have been receiving calls for remaking the film. People have been asking for remake rights. I have been receiving queries but can't talk about them," Neeraj said.
"These are decisions that need to be taken at a different level. We need to consult... do it at the right time," he said.
The film is inspired by a real life daring heist dating back to the '80s in which some unknown people posing as CBI officers executed a daylight income tax raid and decamped with jewellery worth lakhs.
It is believed that Akshay has given one the finest performance in Special 26. The film has grossed Rs 26 crores in its opening week.
"There is a huge difference when someone hands me a script and says 'Read it, let me know what do you think?', to coming back to me after a polite refusal a few years later with the narrators of the screenplay, and having it read to me with the passion of Robin Hood & the Prince of Thieves", smiles Akshay.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™