Would not have made 'Ghanchakkar' without Vidya Balan: Gupta
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
Director Rajkumar Gupta, who is looking forward to the release of his film 'Ghanchakkar', says he would not have made the movie if leading lady Vidya Balan would not have said yes.
Vidya will be seen playing a Punjabi housewife in 'Ghanchakkar'.
"Vidya is someone who will not agree for a film till she is convinced. She is someone who has her own say as to what movies she would like to do," Gupta told reporters here at the wrap up party of the film held last night.
"It is not easy to convince her. I think in case of 'Ghanchakkar' she was convinced with the script and her role. She saw some potential in me and the film."
The film is produced by Vidya's husband Siddharth Roy Kapur of UTV.
'Ghanchakkar' will see Vidya teaming up with Emraan Hashmi, who plays an ex-conman.
"It is a quirky... comedy film. It is not a slapstick comedy. We are happy to have on board Vidya and Emraan. It was great working with them," Gupta, who has made films like 'No One Killed Jessica' and 'Aamir', said.
The director is happy the way the movie has shaped up. "We all gave our best, worked hard on the project. I think we have achieved what we had set out. Rest is for the audience to decide," he said.
The film is scheduled to release on June 21.