WR commissions new signal system
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
The Western Railway has commissioned a new route relay interlocking (RRI) system with colour light signalling at Kanalus station in the Rajkot division as part of its efforts for modernisation of technology, according to DRM (C), Rajkot division. The system started working from January 12, said an official release. With RRI, which has 151 routes, "both passenger and goods trains coming from various directions such as Rajkot, Okha, Motikhavdi, Reliance Rail Terminal and Porbandar will be regulated through this modern signalling technology...," the release said, adding, the cost of the complete installation is about Rs 6.28 crore.