Christmas celebrated in Tamil Nadu
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Faithfuls in Tamil Nadu thronged churches to celebrate Christmas, the birth of Lord Jesus, with gaiety and fervour.
Dressed in new outfits, young and old attended midnight masses and special prayers held in various churches in the state including the famous Velankanni shrine, Santhome Church in Chennai and many others.
Leaders led by Governor K Rosaiah extended Christmas greetings to the people. He said the preachings of Lord Jesus Christ promote brotherhood, love and compassion.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in her greetings appealed to Christians in Tamil Nadu to take pledge in following the high principles of Jesus Christ on this special occasion.
"Let love and peace prevail across the world promoting brotherhood", she said.
AIADMK leader Karunanidhi also extended his greetings to the people.