Yadav seeks records used to prosecute her
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Charge-sheeted in the judge-bribery case, Justice (retd) Nirmal Yadav moved an application before the special CBI court on Monday seeking directions to the registrar general, Supreme Court, CBI, Department of Justice and Centre to produce relevant records on the basis of which sanction to prosecute her was granted by the Chief Justice of India (CJI).
In response, a special court of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Chandigarh, asked the CBI to respond to the application moved by Yadav. Her petition demanding the documents was dismissed by the Apex Court, last month. The Court had asked Yadav to raise her arguments before the special CBI Court.
Terming non furnishing of 'evidence' against her as a violation of natural justice, Yadav had earlier moved the High Court and then SC demanding quashing of the charge sheet filed against her by the CBI.
Another application was moved by Ravinder Singh, co accused and Delhi-based hotelier, where Ravinder had requested release of his passport. Special public prosecutor Anupam Gupta said that if the passport was released to the businessman, there were chances that he would leave the country, and never return.
However, the court allowed Ravinder's request, but with two conditions - he will have to deposit Rs 15 lakh as fixed deposit receipt and seek permission of the Court every time he went abroad.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today