Yashada, a learning ground for IAS officers
- Elections 2014 Live: Elections 2014 Live: Uma promises separate Bundelkhand, Meira fails to vote in Delhi
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
If you are a rookie IAS officer, the best place for you to know Maharashtra inside out is to land at Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration. Better known as YASHADA among Puneites, the institute celebrated its 26th Foundation Day on November 1. Many describe the institute as a ground from where new IAS officers take off, only to soar high in the sky,
Recalling his days at Yashada, Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Commissioner Asheesh Sharma said,"After our training stint in Mussorie, our 1998 batch landed in Yashada. And from here began our real journey of IAS. We had our through grounding at Yashada," he said. "The real brush with Maharashtra was provided by Yashada. We had our thearetical and practical experience of the state, its land, culture and all things because of Yashada," Sharma said.
Describing it as the first learning place of the IAS brigade in the State, Sharma said Yashada's training is of tremendous help to new IAS officers who are little nervous as it is their first attempt at the country's top job. "But the nervousness disappears once you are at Yashada. It stills in you a sense of confidence and gives you enough knowledge and expertise to take on the world," he said.
Nikita Kamthekar, a collegian, who is preparing for her IAS exam, said,"I had been to Yashada and found it to be place where you can start dreaming about the big job." She said some of her friends who are preparing for IAS exam are regulars at Yashada. "They always speak glowingly about it."
The apex administrative training institute of the Maharashtra government, Yashada's aegis includes training government officers of the state, equipping executives of NGOs with capacity-building acumen and also implementing various State and Union government projects.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi