Yasin aide held: Cops
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The NIA Monday arrested an alleged accomplice of Yasin Bhatkal, who is said to be involved in recruiting and indoctrinating youths in Bihar for terrorism.
Danish Ansari, sources said, had met Indian Mujahideen operative Yasin Bhatkal at Al Hira Library at Lahariyasarai in Darbhanga in 2010, where the suspect discussed recruitment plans.
This was revealed during the interrogation of alleged IM operative Kafeel Ansari.
The sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him. Security agencies had been on the trail of Danish Ansari as they claim that he used to provide shelter to Bhatkal who is allegedly hiding in Pakistan.
He was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today