Yasin aide held: Cops
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
The NIA Monday arrested an alleged accomplice of Yasin Bhatkal, who is said to be involved in recruiting and indoctrinating youths in Bihar for terrorism.
Danish Ansari, sources said, had met Indian Mujahideen operative Yasin Bhatkal at Al Hira Library at Lahariyasarai in Darbhanga in 2010, where the suspect discussed recruitment plans.
This was revealed during the interrogation of alleged IM operative Kafeel Ansari.
The sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him. Security agencies had been on the trail of Danish Ansari as they claim that he used to provide shelter to Bhatkal who is allegedly hiding in Pakistan.
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation
- Poor infrastructure not outdated syllabi — is what ails Indian universities
- India will have to get its act together on urban water
- Qandeel Baloch’s murder: Men craft, interpret and adjudicate over family laws in the subcontinent
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines