Yasin aide held: Cops
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
The NIA Monday arrested an alleged accomplice of Yasin Bhatkal, who is said to be involved in recruiting and indoctrinating youths in Bihar for terrorism.
Danish Ansari, sources said, had met Indian Mujahideen operative Yasin Bhatkal at Al Hira Library at Lahariyasarai in Darbhanga in 2010, where the suspect discussed recruitment plans.
This was revealed during the interrogation of alleged IM operative Kafeel Ansari.
The sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him. Security agencies had been on the trail of Danish Ansari as they claim that he used to provide shelter to Bhatkal who is allegedly hiding in Pakistan.
He was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing.