Yavatmal Ind Court judge faces sexual exploitation charges
- India rejects US report on religious freedom, says it's based on 'limited understanding'
- Petrol prices hiked by Rs 3.96 a litre and diesel by Rs 2.37
- Jaitley replies to Rahul's jibe, says this is 'sooj-boojh ki sarkar'
- Punjab bus molestation: Driver, three others arrested, Badals face the heat
- Modi govt 'abandoning' farmers, backing 'crony capitalists': Rahul Gandhi
The police have filed a criminal case against a judge of the Industrial Court at Yavatmal for allegedly sexually exploiting a 40 years old Dalit woman for the last ten years.
The victim worked as a domestic help at the residence of the judge Atik Mohd Khan.
In her complaint to the police, she alleges that she went and stayed with the judge wherever he was transferred during the last ten years.
She alleges that Khan had earlier promised to marry her, and to look after her two sons and bear their education expenses. But later he went back on his word.
While the Badgaon police have filed case against the judge for rape and under SC/ST Atrocities (Prevention) Act, he has not been arrested yet.