Yet another live bomb shell found, this time in Ramdarbara
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
Four days after three live rocket shells were recovered from near a village in Panchkula, another live bomb shell was found Saturday morning.
The rusted shell was found by children of a scrap dealer at Ramdarbar near the 3BRD depot of the Indian Air Force today. The shell was live and was found to be a tank shell.
As per the police sources, the shell is approximately one feet long and weighs 15 kg. As per the officials from the bomb squad, if exploded the shell could have caused a damaged up to 500 meters radius.
At about 11 am, some children found the shell near the 3 BRD while playing. They brought the shell home and showed it to their father who is a scrap dealer. He immediately identified it and called the police control room.
The police officials reached the spot and informed the military base in Chandimandir. The Army officials took the shell for diffusing it.
Recently, three live rocket shells were recovered from Khadak Mangoli area of Panchkula. The discovery had caused considerable panic in the village in Old Panchkula.
Over the past few months this is the fourth such recovery. On December 16 last year, bomb shells were found in Daria in Chandigarh that were diffused at Makhan Majra. A case was registered by the police.
Meanwhile, on January 2, bomb shells were found at Colony Number 5 by some children who were playing in the area. A DDR was lodged.
Police officials claim that investigations in these cases are going on. However, till now there has been no breakthrough on how these bomb shells made their way here and were found by the scrap dealers in the scrap.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU