Yo Yo Honey Singh faces court's ire, High Court tells Punjab govt to act against him
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Punjab and Haryana High Court today slammed the Punjab government for not taking action against rapper Honey Singh for singing vulgar songs.
The division bench comprising acting chief justice Jasbir Singh and justice R K Jain today ordered the Punjab government to take immediate action against Honey Singh for bringing disrepute to Indian culture.
The Court remarked that Honey Singh should be boycotted. The court also observed that heads hung in shame after hearing his songs.
Honey Singh was the centre of a controversy when many groups ran a campaign against him over alleged offensive lyrics of his songs.
Honey Singh raps mostly in a mix of English and Punjabi and has lent his voice to recent Bollywood films like Khiladi 786, Cocktail and Luv Shuv Te Chicken Khurana. (With PTI inputs)