Yoga guru Ramdev says Narendra Modi best for PM's job
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Yoga guru Ramdev today came out openly in favour of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for the Prime Minister's post, describing him as the "most suitable person."
"People have already accepted Modi as the future PM and he is most suitable person for the post," Ramdev, who is here to attend the birthday function of former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister and veteran BJP leader Shanta Kumar, told reporters.
On BJP veteran L K Advani and some others having reservations against Modi as the prime ministerial candidate, Ramdev said its an internal matter of the party which needed to be sorted out amicably.
"Advani is BJP's tallest leader. He has made valuable contributions to the party and politics but people firmly believe that Modi is the right person to lead the country and they are pinning their hopes on him," Ramdev said. Holding the Congress-led UPA government responsible for the country's present ills, the yoga guru suggested that people should throw out the government to save the nation.
"The only way to retrieve the situation is to throw out the Congress-led UPA government," Ramdev said.
"I have decided to launch a yatra from tomorrow to eradicate corruption and oust the UPA government. I have taken a vow of not returning to Patanjali Ashram till they are out of the government," he said. Ramdev also said time is ripe for a revolution and the youth must come forward to change the course of politics and ensure that "Rome will not rule the country of Om".