You just canít have luck all your life, says Freida Pinto
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Freida Pinto, who was a model in India for two years before Danny Boyle picked her to play the female lead in 'Slumdog Millionaire', believes that the word luck is often misunderstood by people.
"You just can't have luck all your life. You can have that one moment when all your lines are aligned at the right time. But after that, all you have is what you bring to the table - that's your talent, your personality, your charisma, your commitment and dedication," Pinto said.
"That's all you have and you have to keep working at it. Luck is not going to be the playing factor about where you are going to be next," the 28-year-old actress was reported saying," she said.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?