Young filmmakers make Karan Johar feel insecure
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Telangana fallout: Governor accepts Reddy's resignation as Andhra Chief Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targest Mukesh Ambani again
- A day after Parliament passes Telangana bill, Hyderabad airport on red alert over letter threat
- Govt refuses security to IPL due to Lok Sabha polls, South Africa favourite to host 7th edition
Filmmaker Karan Johar feels insecure amid the new bunch of budding directors and fears losing what he has achieved.
"I am very insecure about these young filmmakers. I am constantly on my toes so that I know what others are doing. And that is why I made such a young film 'Student of the Year' so that I could cater to the youth. I made a high school film when I was 40-year-old," Karan told PTI in an interview here.
"I need to be with the time, I don't want to become senior and old so fast. I want to make movies till I die. I want to do better work and also acknowledge someone else's work," he said.
Karan also fears losing all what he has one day.
"We all have the fear of it. The fear of failure and fear of letting go off the profession is tremendous, and that is why I am blessed to be a movie maker where I can always produce films, if not direct. I am glad I am not an actor where age and vanity are such important prerequisites," he said.
Earlier, Karan was primarily making love stories but he started experimenting with different genres with like 'Agneepath', 'Bombay Talkies' and 'Gippy'.
Other than his career as a producer-director, Johar is equally busy on the small screen. The filmmaker, who has been making headlines with the latest season of his chat show 'Koffee With Karan', is back as a co-judge on 'India's Got Talent' show.
"This time they have raised the level of performance, we have introduced circus acts, dangerous water acts, outdoor
stunts, etc. The talent this season is far more exceptional from across the country," Karan said.
So, judging will be a little difficult for him considering the performances on the show are breath-taking.