Younger brother of Congress MP arrested in J-K
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Younger brother of a sitting Congress MP from Udhampur-Doda Lok Sabha constituency, Choudhary Lal Singh, was among half a dozen people arrested by police after they were caught red handed illegally extracting stones at Sahar Khad in Kathua district.
Identifying Congress MP's brother as Sohan Singh, police said that nearly half a dozen of his employees along with a number of tippers, poclain and one JCB were taken into custody. A case has been registered against all of them.
The District Magistrate, Kathua, Zahida Khan had two months ago imposed prohibitory orders banning extraction of stones and sand from near the railway line, under the bridges and the culverts in the district. Accordingly, a notice was also served on him like owners of other stone crushers.
However, while others shut their operation, he continued with his illegal mining activity, police added.
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Modi’s 3D avatar a hit in Jasdan
- Three electrocuted while fixing Cong candidate’s board
- Public peeing a menace but can’t ensure zips locked: HC