Your money: A look at how the Railways fare hike will pinch your pocket
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Railways fares were hiked for the first time in 10 years. Here's how it will hit the money in your pocket.
A passenger travelling to Thiruvananthapuram from New Delhi on a Mail or an Express train in Sleeper Class will now have to shell out an extra Rs 186.
Similarly, a passenger travelling by the same train on an AC Three Tier ticket will have to pay an extra Rs 312, according to the hike in passenger fares announced by the Railway Ministry today.
A Sleeper Class ticket on a Mail or Express train between New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram which used to cost Rs 559 will cost Rs 745 from midnight of January 21. Similarly, an AC Three Tier ticket in the same train which costs Rs 1573 will now cost Rs 1885.
An AC Three Tier ticket on a Rajdhani Express between New Delhi and Ernaculum, which used to cost Rs 1,804, will now come at Rs 2,156, a hike of Rs 352.
A New Delhi-Patna Sleeper Class ticket will now cost Rs 385, a hike of Rs 66. Similarly, Sleeper Class travel in a Mail/Express train between New Delhi and Mumbai Central will cost Rs 465, a hike of Rs 87.
An Express Train Sleeper Class ticket between New Delhi and Howrah (via Gaya) will now come at Rs 475, following a hike of Rs 89.
People travelling to Chennai Central from the national Capital on a Sleeper Class ticket in a Mail or Express train will have to pay Rs 620, an extra Rs 132.
A Sleeper Class ticket on a Mail/Express train between New Delhi and Guwahati (via Barauni) will cost Rs 590, following a hike of Rs 122.
Same fare hike have been made applicable on AC Three Tier tickets, with a New Delhi-Patna ticket now costing Rs 1,005, a hike of Rs 106.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today