Youth attempts rape, attacks girl with blade for raising alarm
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A 16-year-old girl was attacked here with a blade allegedly by an unidentified youth, when she tried to resist his sexual advances, leaving her critically injured, police said today.
The incident took place yesterday in Paraswani village under Gaurela police station area when the Class XI student was returning from school in Kodri near her native, Superintendent of Police Ratanlal Dangi said.
The accused allegedly stopped the girl on her way back home at an isolated place between the two villages and attempted to outrage her modesty, he said.
He attacked her with the blade when she raised an alarm and fled the spot, Dangi said.
The girl has been admitted to a government hospital with severe injuries, he said. Three suspects have been taken into custody in this connection and further investigations are on, police added.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today