Youth attempts to rape mentally challenged girl
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
A youth allegedly tried to rape a mentally-challenged teenaged girl at Surbra village in the district's Narwana subdivision, police said on Monday.
Mahavir dragged the victim to his house while she was passing the area and tried to rape her, police said.
But her mother, who was nearby, heard the victim's cries and rushed to her rescue, they said, adding, the accused fled from the spot.
On the basis of a complaint filed by the victim's father, police have registered a case against the youth at the Uchana police station and are conducting raids at various places to nab the accused.