Youth attempts to rape mentally challenged girl
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A youth allegedly tried to rape a mentally-challenged teenaged girl at Surbra village in the district's Narwana subdivision, police said on Monday.
Mahavir dragged the victim to his house while she was passing the area and tried to rape her, police said.
But her mother, who was nearby, heard the victim's cries and rushed to her rescue, they said, adding, the accused fled from the spot.
On the basis of a complaint filed by the victim's father, police have registered a case against the youth at the Uchana police station and are conducting raids at various places to nab the accused.