Youth Congress workers send history textbooks to Modi as Diwali gift
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Youth Congress workers on Thursday sent a package containing history textbooks to BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "Diwali gift", claiming it was meant to help him "improve his knowledge" of the subject.
"At a recent rally, Modi wrongly said in his speech that Taxila was a part of Bihar, when it was in fact located in North West Pakistan," Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress president Ganesh Kumar Yadav told reporters during a function held at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai.
Modi also referred to Chandragupta as a great king of the Gupta dynasty instead of the Maurya dynasty, he added. "Today, we have sent him history textbooks from 5th to 8th standard SSC and 9th to 10th standard ICSE as a Diwali gift to help him improve his knowledge of history," Yadav said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress