Youth, cousin sent to Tihar for raping their minor friend
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
A Delhi court has extended by two weeks the judicial custody of a youth and his cousin, arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl after befriending her on a social networking site.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler sent Naveen Singh and Rajesh Singh, arrested on the night of December 31, 2012 by Delhi police, to Tihar jail under judicial custody till January 30.
"The accused are remanded in 14 days of judicial custody. Accused be produced on January 30," the court said, after they were produced before it.
The police in its FIR alleged that the girl was lured into a relationship by the two cousins, who initially got physically involved with her and then mentally tortured her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her as a prostitute.
The girl had said that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice, the FIR said.
The two, MNC employees and resident of Sarojini Nagar in South Delhi have been booked under sections 376 (rape), 509 (making gestures with an intent to insult a woman), 34 (common intention) of the IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The victim, a class XII student, had said in the FIR that she had met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen had introduced her to Rajesh.
"Rajesh used to call me everyday, but we met only once in a fortnight. Then he suddenly called off the friendship in March 2012, after which I used to remain very depressed," the complainant said.
The girl had alleged in the FIR that taking advantage of her vulnerability, Naveen proposed to her and on July 24, 2012 he raped her at his friend's place by offering her a drink laced with sedatives.
She had alleged that Naveen later broke up with her in September, after which Rajesh took advantage of her and raped her.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18