Youth found dead near Railway tracks
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
The body of an 18-year-old youth who had caught a train along with a friend on Friday evening was found near the railway tracks near Mira Road on Saturday morning. The nature of injuries on Vijaykumar Sharma reveal his head may have hit a pole when he leaned out of the door, police said.
In their hurry, Vijaykumar, a resident of Aman Seva Housing Society near Rehmani Mosque in Kandivali, and his friend-they had gone to Mira Road-on Friday boarded separate compartments of the train for Kandivali.
"The train was leaving as they reached the platform and both caught it in a hurry. As a result, they ended up in different compartments. When the train reached Kandivali, his friend alighted but could no spot Vijaykumar anywhere. He tried calling Vijaykumar's cell phone but it was not reachable. He informed Vijaykumar's parents and a search was launched," said an officer.
Early on Saturday morning, Vijaykumar's parents received a call that the body had been found on the tracks near Mira Road. A college identification card was found in his pocket, which helped the police identify him and obtain contact details of the family, police said.
The injuries are consistent with massive head trauma, and police suspect he might have leaned out of the door and his head hit a pole.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota