Youth found dead, villagers block highway
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
Traffic remained badly disrupted for more than five hours on the Delhi-Patiala national highway, on Wednesday as agitated residents of Belrakhan village in Narwana demanded action in the mysterious death of a youth, whose body was recovered in the morning. It was only after the district administration and police assured the villagers of prompt action and registered a case of murder against unidentified persons that the blockade was lifted.
Dharambi, (25), a resident of the Belrakhan village in Narwana had left his home Tuesday morning for the fields, but never returned. The villagers found his badly crushed body early in the morning and informed the police. The villagers alleged that last night a truck overturned on the highway and it was suspected that Dharambir got crushed under the same truck. The truck driver got the vehicle towed away.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18