Youth found dead, villagers block highway
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Traffic remained badly disrupted for more than five hours on the Delhi-Patiala national highway, on Wednesday as agitated residents of Belrakhan village in Narwana demanded action in the mysterious death of a youth, whose body was recovered in the morning. It was only after the district administration and police assured the villagers of prompt action and registered a case of murder against unidentified persons that the blockade was lifted.
Dharambi, (25), a resident of the Belrakhan village in Narwana had left his home Tuesday morning for the fields, but never returned. The villagers found his badly crushed body early in the morning and informed the police. The villagers alleged that last night a truck overturned on the highway and it was suspected that Dharambir got crushed under the same truck. The truck driver got the vehicle towed away.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore