Youth hacks parents to death
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
An auto-rickshaw driver allegedly hacked his parents to death in Behala area of the city on Tuesday and tried to secretly bury their bodies, police said. 37-year-old Sovan Sarkar, however, was caught by the neighbours who informed the police about the matter. Police said, Sovan had a break-up with a girl whom he had been seeing for the last few months. Since then he became depressed and had been blaming parents for it, the police said.
JU professor found dead on campus
A professor was found dead inside a toilet of Jadavpur University campus Tuesday, police said. Professor Avijit Ghosh of JU's Sanskrit Department had been missing since Monda evening. As sweepers went inside to clear the bathroom, his body was recovered, they said. Police suspect he collapsed due to a cardiac arrest.
Bribe: HC summons Jhargram SP
The Calcutta High Court on Tuesday directed Jhargram SP Bharati Ghosh to appear before the court in connection with a petition alleging she demanded money from a businessman. Justice Sanjib Banerjee, while passing the order, also directed the petitioner Debabrata Ghosh to be present at the hearing on July 29.
BSF jawan beaten up by smugglers