Youth hacks parents to death
- Cabinet rejects Rahul Gandhi's ordinance agenda, clears Jat reservation
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
An auto-rickshaw driver allegedly hacked his parents to death in Behala area of the city on Tuesday and tried to secretly bury their bodies, police said. 37-year-old Sovan Sarkar, however, was caught by the neighbours who informed the police about the matter. Police said, Sovan had a break-up with a girl whom he had been seeing for the last few months. Since then he became depressed and had been blaming parents for it, the police said.
JU professor found dead on campus
A professor was found dead inside a toilet of Jadavpur University campus Tuesday, police said. Professor Avijit Ghosh of JU's Sanskrit Department had been missing since Monda evening. As sweepers went inside to clear the bathroom, his body was recovered, they said. Police suspect he collapsed due to a cardiac arrest.
Bribe: HC summons Jhargram SP
The Calcutta High Court on Tuesday directed Jhargram SP Bharati Ghosh to appear before the court in connection with a petition alleging she demanded money from a businessman. Justice Sanjib Banerjee, while passing the order, also directed the petitioner Debabrata Ghosh to be present at the hearing on July 29.
BSF jawan beaten up by smugglers
A BSF personnel was today injured in an attack by a group of cattle smugglers during routine patrol in Nadia district along the Indo-Bangladesh border, the police said.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today