Youth held for cheating people in the name of AAP membership
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
A youth was arrested for allegedly recovering money from people on the pretext of offering membership of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Raipur, police said on Sunday.
Likhesh Singh (26), a resident of Telibandha area, was nabbed while he was allegedly collecting money through the fake receipt of the AAP for its membership last evening, Telibandha Station House Officer Rakesh Baghel said.
Police swung into action following a complaint by local members of the Arvind Kejriwal-led party about a miscreant reportedly engaged in recovering money from people against providing them membership AAP, Baghel said.
Bundles of bogus receipts in the name of AAP and cash collected by him from public were seized from his possession, he said.
An offence has been registered against the accused under sections 420, 467 and 468 of IPC, including charges of cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property, forgery of valuables, security, will, etc and forgery for the purpose of cheating, he said.
The SHO did not rule out involvement of more such miscreants in a similar offence and said further probe was on.