Youth held for trying to click photo of PC
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
A youth from Kerala was arrested at the domestic terminal of the Chennai airport on Tuesday after he attempted to break through the security cordon surrounding Union minister P Chidambaram to take a photograph.
The incident happened when the minister was returning to Delhi. Ameer Thwaha, 34, tried to take a picture of Chidambaram, but the latter's security staff caught hold of him and handed him over to the CISF. The airport authorities recognised him as the person who was detained a month ago for boarding a new Dreamliner and deplaning after taking photographs of the interior of the aircraft. Police and security agencies questioned Thwaha but did not find anything that suggested him being a threat. But he was charged under sections 341 and 353 of the IPC.
Thwaha's profile on a social network has several photographs of him with celebrities, insides of aircraft, and a photo of the ticket of Air India Dreamliner that he boarded and deplaned last month. In the comments section of a photo, he has given his itinerary — Kochi to Chennai on November 12 and Chennai to Delhi on November 13 — and added that he was taking this route since Dreamliner has not been operating through the Kochi sector.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore