Youth held for trying to click photo of PC
- Inclusion of Jats in OBC list comes under SC scanner
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Country could face communal violence if Modi becomes PM, says Mayawati
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- SC dismisses Centre's plea to review decision on Rajiv Gandhi killers
A youth from Kerala was arrested at the domestic terminal of the Chennai airport on Tuesday after he attempted to break through the security cordon surrounding Union minister P Chidambaram to take a photograph.
The incident happened when the minister was returning to Delhi. Ameer Thwaha, 34, tried to take a picture of Chidambaram, but the latter's security staff caught hold of him and handed him over to the CISF. The airport authorities recognised him as the person who was detained a month ago for boarding a new Dreamliner and deplaning after taking photographs of the interior of the aircraft. Police and security agencies questioned Thwaha but did not find anything that suggested him being a threat. But he was charged under sections 341 and 353 of the IPC.
Thwaha's profile on a social network has several photographs of him with celebrities, insides of aircraft, and a photo of the ticket of Air India Dreamliner that he boarded and deplaned last month. In the comments section of a photo, he has given his itinerary — Kochi to Chennai on November 12 and Chennai to Delhi on November 13 — and added that he was taking this route since Dreamliner has not been operating through the Kochi sector.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters