Youth held for trying to click photo of PC
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
A youth from Kerala was arrested at the domestic terminal of the Chennai airport on Tuesday after he attempted to break through the security cordon surrounding Union minister P Chidambaram to take a photograph.
The incident happened when the minister was returning to Delhi. Ameer Thwaha, 34, tried to take a picture of Chidambaram, but the latter's security staff caught hold of him and handed him over to the CISF. The airport authorities recognised him as the person who was detained a month ago for boarding a new Dreamliner and deplaning after taking photographs of the interior of the aircraft. Police and security agencies questioned Thwaha but did not find anything that suggested him being a threat. But he was charged under sections 341 and 353 of the IPC.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance