Youth in love with upper-caste girl found dead
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A teenage dalit youth was found dead here today, with police suspecting he might have been murdered over love affair with an upper-caste girl.
The 17-year-old youth had gone out this morning after being called by someone and later, his body was recovered from a ditch in Rampur village, DSP Brijesh Kumar Singh said, adding it is suspected he was strangulated to death.
The youth was in a relationship with a Brahmin girl from the neighbouring Maniyar Piyaripur village for past four years and the latter's family was against it, Singh said.
An FIR has been lodged against four persons and the body of the deceased has been sent for post-mortem, Singh said.