Youth kills girlfriend, then commits suicide
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A 22-year-old boy reportedly shot dead his girlfriend before shooting himself in Sandi area of Hardoi on Saturday. Police said the incident took place at 1 pm when Mukesh shot his girlfriend Kirti (18) with a country-made gun on the outskirts of Sandi town. Sandi Station Officer Brijraj Yadav said prima facie the police have come to know that both the deceased were having an affair and wanted to get married but their families were against the alliance.
Yadav said the duo used to live in the same locality. Mukesh had a grocery shop. He added that both died on the spot.