Youth kills girlfriend, then commits suicide
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- April 2 Campaign roundup: Congress trying to spread communal disharmony ahead of polls, says Arun Jaitley
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC says Katara's killers to stay in jail for life; calls it honour killing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is not higher than the game of cricket: Zee to HC
A 22-year-old boy reportedly shot dead his girlfriend before shooting himself in Sandi area of Hardoi on Saturday. Police said the incident took place at 1 pm when Mukesh shot his girlfriend Kirti (18) with a country-made gun on the outskirts of Sandi town. Sandi Station Officer Brijraj Yadav said prima facie the police have come to know that both the deceased were having an affair and wanted to get married but their families were against the alliance.
Yadav said the duo used to live in the same locality. Mukesh had a grocery shop. He added that both died on the spot.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies