Youth slaps woman cop after hitting her vehicle, arrested
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI in deep trouble against RCB
A woman sub-inspector was allegedly attacked by a motorcyclist when she questioned him after he hit her bike while she was returning home from duty early today.
At around 12.30 AM today, when sub-inspector Sheetal Bambe, posted at Bhayander police station in Thane district, was returning home on her scooty, a motorcyclist hit her vehicle, police said.
The police officer fell but managed to get up and chased the person. She intercepted the motorcyclist at a junction nearby and questioned him for rash driving.
At that moment, the person allegedly abused her and also slapped her and fled, police said.
The alert woman police personnel traced the person, identified as Sanjay Joshi, through his bike's registration number and filed a complaint against him.
Subsequently, Joshi was arrested by Navghar police who booked him under sections 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) and 271 of the IPC, they added.