Youth steals bus from Kothrud
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A 27-year-old youth who had to take his mother, who was unwell, home in the early hours of Friday allegedly drove away a bus parked at Kothrud Bus depot and took it to Loni.
Police said the PMPML staffers had left the key in the ignition of the bus. As per the information given by Kothrud police, Dashrath Mohan Pol of Mahalunge Ingale had come to Pune to meet his cousin on Thursday with his mother who is unwell. Police inspector S B Navle of Kothrud police station said, "He came to the Kothrud bus depot in the early hours of Friday and found that no buses were available. Around 4.30 he found a bus parked outside the depot. The staffers had left the key in the ignition. Pol has worked as a driver in the past and knows how to drive. He took the bus and fled."
Meanwhile, Loni Kalbhor police in Pune rural jurisdiction got to know that a PMPML bus was seen in the area without any passengers. Police stopped the bus near Loni Phata and informed the PMPML authorities. Police said that the driver of the bus had parked it outside the depot and had left the key. Police have arrested him and booked him for theft.