Youth steals bus from Kothrud
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A 27-year-old youth who had to take his mother, who was unwell, home in the early hours of Friday allegedly drove away a bus parked at Kothrud Bus depot and took it to Loni.
Police said the PMPML staffers had left the key in the ignition of the bus. As per the information given by Kothrud police, Dashrath Mohan Pol of Mahalunge Ingale had come to Pune to meet his cousin on Thursday with his mother who is unwell. Police inspector S B Navle of Kothrud police station said, "He came to the Kothrud bus depot in the early hours of Friday and found that no buses were available. Around 4.30 he found a bus parked outside the depot. The staffers had left the key in the ignition. Pol has worked as a driver in the past and knows how to drive. He took the bus and fled."
Meanwhile, Loni Kalbhor police in Pune rural jurisdiction got to know that a PMPML bus was seen in the area without any passengers. Police stopped the bus near Loni Phata and informed the PMPML authorities. Police said that the driver of the bus had parked it outside the depot and had left the key. Police have arrested him and booked him for theft.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today