- Hardik Patel walks out of Lajpore jail after nine months
- Op Sankat Mochan: First flight carrying evacuated Indians from South Sudan reaches Kerala
- Behind Nice attack, a Caliphate in retreat
- Infosys Q1 net profit up 13 percent, but misses estimates; shares slide
- Arunachal CM Tuki wants 'reasonable' time, says Gov decision for floor test by Saturday 'hasty'
The change in the mindset of Indian youth regarding the Youth day has moved towards the positive side
Beware of everything that is untrue. Stick to truth and we shall succeed. Fifty centuries are looking at you; the future of India depends upon you. Work on
- Swami Vivekananda.
Today, as we celebrate Swami Vivekananda's birthday as National Youth Day, here are a few youngsters who observe the day in an avant-garde way.
My friends and I celebrate the youth day by going to orphanages and distributing books and clothes, which are not used by us. This time we have decided to go to an old age home called Shatayu Bhavan to distribute warm clothes and eatables. Going to these places gives me immense satisfaction and a feeling that I am doing something for our nation.
ME first year,
D Y Patil College
It is very important for every youngster to know about youth empowerment and the role of youngsters in nation building process. Today, youngsters have forgotten the ethics and morals and are succumbing towards bad things. There is an ardent need in the approach towards nation because only youth can change the future of the country.
MBA , first year student
I am very happy that now-a-days youngsters are getting into politics and we have good examples of some young politicians who are inspiring the youth to join politics. It is the need of time that we, the young brigade join politics and change the face of this nation.
student of journalism, first year
Here at Ramakrishna Math, we celebrate the youth day by arranging seminars, interactive sessions on power of youth for youngsters, blood donation camps, book exhibitions and other activities. We are also celebrating the youth empowerment week, as a part of which, youth convention for students and young professionals will be organised. Self-management, secrets of creativity, joy of living, emotional stability will be the key topics of convention.
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality
- Bangladesh urgently needs to overhaul its anti-terror strategy
- New Delhi’s reverie is rudely interrupted by Kashmir reality again
- India’s population stabilisation: Three states hold the key
- The bully is bad news for the victim — and for himself
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance