- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
The change in the mindset of Indian youth regarding the Youth day has moved towards the positive side
Beware of everything that is untrue. Stick to truth and we shall succeed. Fifty centuries are looking at you; the future of India depends upon you. Work on
- Swami Vivekananda.
Today, as we celebrate Swami Vivekananda's birthday as National Youth Day, here are a few youngsters who observe the day in an avant-garde way.
My friends and I celebrate the youth day by going to orphanages and distributing books and clothes, which are not used by us. This time we have decided to go to an old age home called Shatayu Bhavan to distribute warm clothes and eatables. Going to these places gives me immense satisfaction and a feeling that I am doing something for our nation.
ME first year,
D Y Patil College
It is very important for every youngster to know about youth empowerment and the role of youngsters in nation building process. Today, youngsters have forgotten the ethics and morals and are succumbing towards bad things. There is an ardent need in the approach towards nation because only youth can change the future of the country.
MBA , first year student
I am very happy that now-a-days youngsters are getting into politics and we have good examples of some young politicians who are inspiring the youth to join politics. It is the need of time that we, the young brigade join politics and change the face of this nation.
student of journalism, first year
Here at Ramakrishna Math, we celebrate the youth day by arranging seminars, interactive sessions on power of youth for youngsters, blood donation camps, book exhibitions and other activities. We are also celebrating the youth empowerment week, as a part of which, youth convention for students and young professionals will be organised. Self-management, secrets of creativity, joy of living, emotional stability will be the key topics of convention.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump