Youth who stole cars only to return these later, arrested
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
His love for swanky cars landed a 25-year-old youth in jail on charges of stealing vehicles. Rahul alias Robin, who was arrested while driving a stolen car in Hisar on Thursday, followed a peculiar modus operandi — he used to steal a car, mainly a sports utility vehicle (SUV), use it for a couple of weeks, abandon it and then inform the vehicle owner about its location.
Till date, he had stolen nine such vehicles, including Mitsubishi Pajero, Ford Endeavours, Toyota Innovas and Renault Duster and returned all to the vehicle owners.
"Unlike his taste, he had stolen a small car this time — a Maruti Alto from Zirakpur — and was arrested in Hisar. The vehicle had a temporary registration number. He was caught during a routine checking on the Tosham highway in Hisar and on questioning, failed to prove his ownership on the vehicle," Assistant Sub-Inspector Harish Bhardwaj said.
He added: "Rahul, a Hisar resident, was taken into custody and during interrogation, he spilled the beans. On verification, we found that he had stolen and returned all the vehicles. He was involved in nine cases of vehicle thefts registered in Chandigarh, Haryana and Punjab."
Recently, Rahul had stolen a Renault Duster from Hisar's Green Park area. "By posing as the new driver, he made the owner's domestic help to get him the car keys and wash the SUV. He then fled with the car. After about 10 days, he informed the owner that his car was parked at Fatehabad's bus station parking," Bhardwaj said.
According to the police, Rahul had stolen two Endeavours and an Innova from Chandigarh's Sector 22-C, another Innova from Rohtak, a Pajero from Gurgaon, another Endeavour from Kaithal, a Chevrolet Cruze and a Maruti Swift Dzire from Chandigarh and a Maruti Alto from Zirakpur.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer