Youths held for obscene MMS of 17-year-old in Haryana
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
The Haryana Police on Thursday arrested two youths for recording and circulating an objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Poli village at Julana in Jind district. The accused, identified as Sumit and Praveen, are students of class XI and XII, respectively and belong to farmers' families. The police said the accused were not minors.
The incident took place on December 7. The girl lodged a complaint with the police on Wednesday, following which a case was registered. SHO Rajinder Singh said, "We have registered a case against Sumit and Praveen under Section 292 of the IPC and Section 67 of the IT Act. Both were arrested on Thursday and produced in the court; they have been remanded to judicial custody.