Youths held for obscene MMS of 17-year-old in Haryana
- Rahul Gandhi cancels Saharanpur rally after police arrest Congress candidate Imran Masood for 'chop Modi' remark
- 5 officers killed as IAFâs new showpiece Super Hercules crashes near Gwalior
- More jobs, tax relief, IIT-IIM in each state: Modi manifesto mantra
- SC makes Gavaskar BCCI chief for IPL, no role for Srinivasan
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kirron Kher seeks support for Narendra Modi's Chandigarh rally
The Haryana Police on Thursday arrested two youths for recording and circulating an objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Poli village at Julana in Jind district. The accused, identified as Sumit and Praveen, are students of class XI and XII, respectively and belong to farmers' families. The police said the accused were not minors.
The incident took place on December 7. The girl lodged a complaint with the police on Wednesday, following which a case was registered. SHO Rajinder Singh said, "We have registered a case against Sumit and Praveen under Section 292 of the IPC and Section 67 of the IT Act. Both were arrested on Thursday and produced in the court; they have been remanded to judicial custody.
- I shake hands with every woman I meet… It leaves a lasting impact: Jannat
- Kadam, Vyavahare, Bagwe in Congress star campaigners’ list
- Modi rally: Traffic snarls likely today
- Cong MLC goes to EC, complains against Ramdev
- Customs officials dispose of drugs worth Rs 64.67 lakh
- State warned of contempt on failing to disburse hail-aid in time