YouTube hits one billion monthly users
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
YouTube, the world's largest online video-sharing platform, today said it now has more than a billion unique users every single month, or nearly one out of every two people on the Internet visits the Google-owned site.
"If YouTube were a country, we'd be the third largest in the world after China and India. Nearly one out of every two people on the Internet visits YouTube," the YouTube Team said in a blog post.
"PSY (the South Korean rapper) and Madonna would have to repeat their Madison Square Garden performance in front of a packed house 200,000 more times. That's a lot of Gangnam Style!" said the fast-growing video website.
From the aspiring filmmaker in his basement and the next great pop musician, to the fans all around the world who tune in, subscribe and share their favourite videos with the planet, thank you for making YouTube what it is today. You have truly created something special, said the YouTube Team.
Founded in 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. In 2006, Google bought the website for USD 1.65 billion.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express