YSR Congress indulging in blackmail politics: Chandrababu
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu today hit out at the YSR Congress saying the party was speaking of a no-confidence motion against the state government as part of its "blackmail politics".
"Those people, who don't even know how and when a no-confidence motion is moved, are talking about it. It is only to further their blackmail politics and bargain clandestine deals that they want a no-confidence motion," Chandrababu alleged.
The TDP chief was reacting to YSRC Central Governing Council member M V Mysura Reddy's demand that the principal Opposition party move a no-trust motion against the Congress government in the state or support one it would move.
"If they (YSRC) have those many MLAs on their side, let them parade them before the Governor and bring down the government," the Leader of Opposition challenged, addressing a rally as part of his 'Vastunna Meekosam' foot march in Ranga Reddy district this evening.
He said the TDP had moved a no-confidence motion against the Kiran Kumar government last year over people's and farmers' issues, but now, some parties were talking about such a motion only to further their vested interests.
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation
- Poor infrastructure not outdated syllabi — is what ails Indian universities
- India will have to get its act together on urban water
- Qandeel Baloch’s murder: Men craft, interpret and adjudicate over family laws in the subcontinent
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines