Yuvraj scores 47 against India colts
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Yuvraj Singh, who is recuperating well from a rare germ cell cancer played a practice match for the first time since his return to field scoring 47 for KSCA XI against India U-19 team which is gearing up for the Youth World Cup.
Although it was "purely a practice match" as termed by one of the KSCA officials, Yuvraj, who is among the 30-member probables for the World Twenty20 scored 47 off 70 balls hitting a couple of boundaries and a six in the process.
The match that was played near Maahadevpura on the outskirts of Bangalore saw Yuvraj bowl five overs of left-arm spin and also fielded for a good 30 overs.
"Finally played my first practice game after 8 months! Got 47 of 70 balls bowled 5 overs fielded 30 overs! Not bad for a start !!," Yuvraj tweeted.