Yuvraj Singh dedicates man-of-the-match award to Delhi gangrape victim
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Yuvraj Singh showed his humane side as he dedicated his man-of-the-match award against England to the girl, who was gang raped and is now battling for her life in a hospital in New Delhi.
A budding 23-year-old physiotherapist was gangraped and manhandled in a moving bus on Sunday, an incident which shook the nation, leading to angry outburst across the country.
Yuvraj first took three wickets and then scored crucial 38-run knock in India's five-wicket win.
"I came particularly to dedicate this Man-of-the-match award to the girl who got gangraped in Delhi. It's very sad to know what has happened and the whole team is very concerned," Yuvraj said at the post-match press conference.
Yuvraj prayed that the girl should recover at the earliest.
"I do not what is the state of the girl now. I want to dedicate it to the girl and her parents. I have been reading a lot about this and this has been very disturbing. I am sure the whole of India is rooting for her recovery," Yuvraj added.