Yuvraj Singh dedicates man-of-the-match award to Delhi gangrape victim
- BJP defends Narendra Modi's aide Amit Shah's 'badla' remark, says he 'captured the mood of the nation'
- AAP attacks BJP on Babri sting, says it owes on explanation
- MH370 fallout: AirAsia withdraws inflight magazine after it said our well-trained pilots would 'never lose a plane'
- After NYPD cop arrest at IGI, US tells India to get past tensions and move on
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP playing divisive politics ahead of polls, alleges Congress
Yuvraj Singh showed his humane side as he dedicated his man-of-the-match award against England to the girl, who was gang raped and is now battling for her life in a hospital in New Delhi.
A budding 23-year-old physiotherapist was gangraped and manhandled in a moving bus on Sunday, an incident which shook the nation, leading to angry outburst across the country.
Yuvraj first took three wickets and then scored crucial 38-run knock in India's five-wicket win.
"I came particularly to dedicate this Man-of-the-match award to the girl who got gangraped in Delhi. It's very sad to know what has happened and the whole team is very concerned," Yuvraj said at the post-match press conference.
Yuvraj prayed that the girl should recover at the earliest.
"I do not what is the state of the girl now. I want to dedicate it to the girl and her parents. I have been reading a lot about this and this has been very disturbing. I am sure the whole of India is rooting for her recovery," Yuvraj added.
Prior to this, Bengal batsman Manoj Tiwary had dedicated his MOM award against West Indies last year in Chennai to the victims who lost their lives during a fire that broke out at the AMRI hospital.
- Rajnath's assets almost double since 2009
- Bar Council of India chairman comes out in support of Modi
- “Door-to-door campaigning after 10pm a criminal offence”: CEO
- Congress-CPI tie-up in Telangana a special case: CPI
- RBI shifts to CPI-based Real Effective Exchange Rate
- Raghuram Rajan's RBI shifts to consumer prices to value Indian rupee against other currencies