Yuvraj Singh has got a new role: Dhoni
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Tuesday said it would be a change of role for Yuvraj Singh in the one-day series against Australia.
Fighting with form and fitness, Yuvraj after being ignored for the Test series against Australia, has made a comeback for the ODIs in what appears to be a make or break series for the elegant Punjab batsman.
After the opener in Kochi being a wash-out, all eyes are on the second one-dayer in Vizag tomorrow and Dhoni said they were expecting Yuvraj to play a vital role.
"Our batting has always revolved around him. He is a type of player who can change gears at any point of time and can take complete control of the game. At the same time, he has played over 250 ODIs which means he has got a lot of experience," Dhoni said on the pre-match media interaction.
Being the senior most cricketer of the side at a time when big guns like Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag are rested, Yuvraj will have a change in role.
"For somebody like Yuvraj Singh it will be a different approach of sorts. He will be one of the senior most cricketers along with Ashish Nehra. It's a change of role for quite a few players.
"His bowling is very important for us. If we decide for four bowlers and use part-timers as the fifth bowler, he is considered a bowling option. He has done quite well with the ball, he gets two-three wickets. We are expecting him to score runs," Dhoni said.
"If you do well in bowling it reflects in your batting and if you do well in batting it reflects in your bowling. He has got both the dimensions of the game," said the captain, praising Yuvraj.