Gordhan Zadaphia dares Narendra Modi to declare investment figures
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Emphasising the need for "people-centric" industrial development plans, the Gujarat Parivartan Party has criticised the state government for an abysmally low achievement of the targets over the past five Vibrant Gujarat summits since 2003. It has challenged the government to declare the investment statistics of the sixth summit, which begins Friday.
GPP general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia Thursday said that details procured through RTI inquires filed in December 2011 confirmed the heavy under-achievement of just 6% of the pledged investments since 2003. He said that out of 17,705 MoUs announced, only 2,907 saw light of the day and out of them, only 1,907 went on stream.
He said the government has decided not to make public details relating to MoUs expected to be signed and actual consequent investments this time for fear of being exposed. "If the Chief Minister and the government really have courage, then they must accept the challenge of giving expenditure details and loss caused to the coffers."
Against the lofty announcement of attracting investments worth Rs 39,60,148 crore over five summits, investments worth only Rs 1,85,470 crore was materialised and only Rs 84,748 crore reached the pipeline stage, totalling to Rs 2,70,218 crore (6.8%), he said.
"Electoral victory of a government or celebration of festivals did not reduce sufferings of general public," he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress