'Zanjeer' remake faces legal trouble
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
The very moment the news became public about the remake of (late) Prakash Mehra's Zanjeer (which is produced by his son Amit Mehra), everybody in showbiz was excited to the core. Now, the excitement seems to have run into rough weather, courtesy Amit failing to pay his two brothers who have terminated the remake contract.
What happened was that Amit, after buying the film's remake rights from Sumeet (his US based elder brother) and Mumbai based Puneet (younger brother) defaulted on payments. This resulted in Sumeet and Puneet terminating the said contract. And since the Arbitrator upheld the contract's termination, Amit approached the Bombay High Court. And as per the HC order, Amit has been given a reprieve to shoot the film. At the same time, however, he can't release the film until further orders are issued from the HC.
While Amit said that he is making the payments and releasing the film, Puneet said that since the matter is subjudice, he can't intricate the same. Meanwhile, news is also abuzz that Sumeet and Puneet are interested in upholding the Arbitration Order, interalia, project's termination.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress