Zanjeer remake pushed me out of my comfort zone: Mahie Gill
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actress Mahie Gill, who is stepping into Bindu's iconic 'Mona Darling' act in Apoorva Lakhia's Zanjeer remake, says the glamorous role pushed her out of her comfort zone.
Mahie Gill, 37, made her debut in Bollywood with Sudhir Mishra's Khoya Khoya Chand but became famous with her role of Paro in Dev D.
The actress says she never gave importance to her looks until now.
"This role is quite difficult for me because I have to concentrate on my looks. It was a challenge for me because I have never given importance to my look and always concentrated on performance.
"Here, I need to look good and this is something out of my comfort zone. My costume designer and hair stylist have taken a lot of effort to do justice with the character. It's really difficult to maintain all the glamour," Mahi told PTI.
In the film, which will also be made in Telugu, the actress will be donning bikinis. Mahi has taken to yoga to get in shape.
"Normally, I do one hour of yoga everyday but when I got the offer to play this role, I had to increase the duration of my exercise to get into shape," she said.
The film also stars Southern actor Ram Charan Teja, Priyanks Chopra and Prakash Raj in pivotal roles.
Meanwhile, Mahi's role in Saheb Biwi Gangster Returns is being appreciated but the actress credits script behind it.
"I am lucky that I am in the industry at a very right time because people have started experimenting with scripts. I feel scripts are the real hero these days. Even audience have become smart and they have started believing in these kind of films. I am lucky that I am getting such roles."
Mahi may have got her lucky break with Dev D but she was forced to say no to many offers after the film because producers wanted her to do bold roles.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun